Flag Paving - Video
Take a look at our video which demonstrates how Gapfast provides a quick & easy method of laying all types of paving flags & slabs that have a square edge.
We show you how to lay a patio using both the Gapfast Crosses & Tees for checkerboard, offset & patio packs. Building a patio will be much easier, it will be inherently stronger and look superb!
For the DIYer
Building a patio just got easier with Gapfast. The non-professional can lay paving slabs accurately and achieve a professional looking patio
- Accurate 10mm joints – every time!
- Save time - lay each slab accurately first time, every time
- Save money - do the job yourself
- Increases the strength of your patio – Gapfast are designed to be pointed over and remain locked in place
- Each bag of Gapfast contains 50 spacers - enough for approximately 10m²
- Use the Gapfast Calculator – find out how many Gapfast spacers you will require for your patio
More & more skilled building tradesman and paving contractors are finding that using Gapfast has rapidly increased the speed of installing paving and ensuring a perfect finish:
- Saves time – saves money
- Gapfast stay locked in place - adds to the structural integrity of the paving
- If the pointing medium fails (as if often the case) - Gapfast won’t
- Natural stone – maintains a minimum 10mm joint even were edges are uneven
- Decorative / birds beak pointing – our video shows how Gapfast can maintain a minimum 20mm joint
Gapfast will add significantly to the structural integrity of the paving design. By using Gapfast the landscape architect/civil engineer does not have to rely alone on the horizontal bond strength between the paving unit and the bedding mortar. Similarly little requirement is placed on the pointing medium itself (which frequently fails). A flagged paving system incorporating Gapfast will allow the entire paved area to act almost as a monolithic (but flexible) construction.
The horizontal loads placed by vehicular braking and acceleration forces are considerable, similarly rotational loading brought about by power steering of stationary commercial vehicles is again significant. By using Gapfast, these stresses are distributed throughout the entire paved area, rather than relying on the individual paving units.
For more information call our Technical Team or email us.